Friday, April 13, 2007

rediff.com: Sanju, on drugs, charity and Abhiwarya

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2007/apr/10slid1.htm

rediff.com: Sanju, on drugs, charity and Abhiwarya: "Sanju, on drugs, charity and Abhiwarya"
Sanju, on drugs, charity and Abhiwarya
Sanjay Dutt and Boman Irani appeared on KBC with Shah Rukh Khan a few weeks back. Sanjay Dutt donated a million rupees from his winnings to a charity working for the betterment of kids suffering from drug abuse.
In a candid interview with Girish Rao, Sanjay talks about his spiritual side, drugs, and even the Abhishek-Aishwarya wedding. Excerpts:
Sanju, how did it strike you that the amount you had won while playing KBC should be split? Why did you choose that particular NGO, Support?
Look, even I was into drugs, so I can well imagine the trauma these kids go through. They don't have any support from any quarter, be it in terms of finance or even in terms of any treatment center for them. It was only through my sister Priya that I met Sujata from the Support NGO. And I was so touched just to see these kids recovering from drugs, that I felt I needed to donate something for their betterment. And the best way was through KBC. And here I am donating the money to these kids.

www.svdeals.com

No comments: